Realm: US-Duskwood/Bloodhoof (connected) PvE
Whether you log in sporadically or can't stay away, prefer to do your thing quietly or look to become guild chat champion, you can chill here with us. All your buddies are welcome to take advantage of the perks and atmosphere the guild has to offer too, as long as they aren't shitheads. Bug an officer for an invite! Contact info is at the bottom of this page. This will be an attempt at describing what things are like in the guild.
On a typical day people come and go, but the highest guild activity seems to happen between roughly 8:00 p.m. and midnight, EST. In the thralls of a new expansion that may mean 100+ people are around. In slimmer times where we're all starved for content, it's more like 15 to 20 people. There's no handle on just how many folks will be on at any given time but we sit stubbornly between the realms of 'massive' and 'a wasteland'. Most of the guild discussion and organization happens in-game, in slack chat, or occasionally discord.
There are some behavioral expectations for smooth sailing in guild chat. We all color outside the lines a little bit as long as it's funny, but it's sort of discouraged to rub your own poop on anyone else. I'll list the bad stuff and otherwise you can do your thing.
Massive egos, real attacks under the guise of humor, legitimate anger at people over trivial stuff, pervy creeping with no social barriers whatsoever, and embarrassing bigotry are some of the things that don't fly around here. The ultimate goal is to surround ourselves with players who are capable of treating the rest of the guild like real people, regardless of inevitable differences in skill level or anything else. That may seem like a lot to ask, and if it is, that's a good indicator that you should hit the dusty trail. Basically, don't be an asshole.
We originated on the Something Awful Forums and our current SA thread can be found here.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the things that happen around these parts.
- World PvP: random Ironforge, Stormwind, Goldshire, etc invasions. Claim your favorite house.
- Retro Raids: All the New Classics from MoP and more are fairly popular for social gatherings and transmog hunting. The corpses of all the older raids are still fun to poke at too. Get your cool lookin' gear and mounts!
- Guild-wide Events: Transmog competitions, DJ Dance Parties, etc
- M+ Runs: We have several people dedicated to keeping up with M+ so feel free to ask in guild chat if anyone's looking for a certain role.
- Open Raids: Current content for casual players
- PVP Curiosity: We've got fewer players dedicated to PVP, but a few of our members have been moonlighting as RBG/arena superstars when PVE content gets long in the tooth.
Voice chat - mumble or discord - depending on preference at the time of the event/raid.
We occasionally have Open Raid nights for all guild members and recruitment for raid groups.
Bam (Bamzilla#1804) [GM]